Oversees Vegetation Management operations to ensure electric system safety, reliability and regulatory compliance with state and federal rules. Serves as a subject matter expert and provides guidance and education or influence leaders in the industry on regulatory issues and program strategies. Collaborates with customers and public entities to monitor and manage vegetation proximity to PG&E assets to contribute to system reliability and safety objectives.
- Works with some guidance to complete assignments and solves problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works with some guidance on moderately complex issues.
- Participates on and may lead project teams.
- Communicates with peers, exchanging ideas or gathering information on overall program plan and goals within a specific functional area of operations.
- Assists in implementing and creating new concepts, processes and ideas to serve the VM program.
- May participate in public hearings, legal proceedings or similar in support of the subject matter expert, may be the subject matter expert
- Contributes to the development of budget forecasts and the development of business cases.
- Delivers on the program implementation plan.
- Contributes to implementation and creation of new concepts, processes and ideas to further VM program advancement.
- Bachelors Degree in Forestry or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 3 years
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist Utility Specialist certification
- Knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management concepts, methods and techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Excellent negotiation and collaboration skill, diplomacy and tact.
- Good organizational, time management, prioritization and planning skills.
- Team collaboration skills.
- Good project and program management skills.
- Ability to assess and recommend based on strong technical knowledge.
- Adaptable to changing and evolving business processes
- Knowledge of current utility and energy industry. issues, trends and political, economic and social issues affecting the program.
- Ability to work within an environment that is heavily dependent on laws and regulations and knowledge of how to interpret and apply them.
- Understands the basic organizational structure and how to utilize available resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit careers.pge.com.