Website Sierra Pacific Industries
THIRD GENERATION FAMILY-OWNED FOREST PRODUCTS COMPANY.
Our Forestry Division, Stirling District, has an opening for a District Forester to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Butte, Tehama and Plumas Counties. This entry level position will involve working with California Registered Professional Foresters (RPF’s) to prepare harvest plans and administer harvest operations. Work will be out of the Stirling office in Chico, CA requiring living in one of the surrounding communities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Develop and prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s), including research, field work, mapping and writing
• Administer contracts for field operations including marking, logging and road construction
• Effectively and professionally interact with resource professionals and state regulatory agencies
• Conduct surveys including botanical, wildlife, and archeological
• Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Assist in reforestation activities, including planting and site preparation
• The ability to take and pass the California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) exam after qualification through a combination of educational and/or work experience or a California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and the fieldwork involved in THP preparation
• Basic understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation and strong work ethic
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member
• Capable of hiking in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass and GPS
• Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountainous roads
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, send a resume and cover letter referencing this position by June 1, 2022 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a drug and tobacco free workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org