Website New Forests
Find original job posting here: https://newforests.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Senior-Analyst-Investments-US-April-2020.pdf
New Forests (www.newforests.com.au) seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Analyst,
Investments (US). In this role you will be a key contributor to the US Investments team’s responsibilities of
identification of potential investment opportunities, undertaking due diligence, and executing on
transactions for New Forests’ timberland and forest carbon investment strategies in the United States. The
position is based in our San Francisco office. This role will be critical in supporting the growth of New
Forests’ US forestry investment program.
New Forests is an investment management business offering leading edge strategies in forestry, land
management, and conservation. Founded in 2005, we offer institutional investors dedicated investment
strategies in the United States, Australia‐New Zealand, and Southeast Asia and have more than USD 3.4
billion in assets under management. We manage investments in sustainable forestry, forest carbon
projects, rural land, and timber processing infrastructure. New Forests is headquartered in Sydney with
offices in San Francisco, Singapore, New Zealand, and Melbourne.
New Forests believes that sustainably managed forest landscapes can play a significant role in mitigating
the impacts of climate change, while also providing valuable economic, social and environmental returns.
Description of the Role
In this role you will work closely with the Investments team and with teams across our US and global
business to successfully execute on New Forests’ US forestry strategy.
Specifically, the position will be responsible for transaction and project management related to:
• Supporting origination and pipeline development of timberland and forest carbon project
opportunities, including analysis of opportunities and maintenance of a pipeline database;
• Engagement in forestry and carbon deals, including:
o Collaboration with colleagues in the Investments, Investment Analytics and Operations
teams in establishing acquisition valuation and underwriting assumptions;
o Working alongside colleagues in the Investments team on transaction due diligence
and transaction closing;
o Preparation of analysis and materials for the investment committee and other
Senior Analyst, Investments (US)
o General acquisition and divestiture project management;
o Opportunity to lead smaller-scale transactions.
• Tracking of timberland comparable sales, log market data, and carbon offset market data;
• Coordinating delivery of carbon offsets to buyers;
• Contributing to internal and external reporting related to acquisitions workflow;
• Supporting communication to current and prospective clients, including coordination with the
Investor Services team in marketing and capital raising efforts.
We encourage candidates with the following qualifications:
• Up to 3 years of experience in forestry, environmental markets, conservation, real assets,
private equity, or impact investing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, forestry, environmental
management/ science or equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
• A demonstrated personal commitment to land conservation and/or climate change mitigation
OR a demonstrated and knowledgeable interest in sustainability and responsible investment
• Self‐motivated, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple teams in a relatively
• Detail focused with understanding of/experience with project management and capacity to
deliver assignments on time and on specification
• Sound writing and editing skills with ability to assist with communicating complex information
through presentations, briefing notes, investment committee papers and other media; able to
work with colleagues to develop materials in a timely and high-quality manner.
• Flexibility towards extra hours in busy periods or when staff are on leave
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and effectively. Can work in a variety of environments and
with different levels of people
• Experience in real asset valuation, negotiation, and transaction structuring a plus
• Experience with contracts and other transaction documentation a plus
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Currently eligible to work in the United States
What can we offer?
Our environment is busy and supportive, and the team is professional, but relaxed. If you join us you will be
joining a growing, fast paced business which is an environmental and sustainable leader in forestry
investment. You will also be working with professionals who are passionate about their work!
To apply, please provide your resume and cover letter, explaining your interest and qualifications for the
position, in PDF format, to email@example.com. Phone calls will not be accepted.
New Forests is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.newforests.com.au.