Website Sierra Pacific Industries
About The Position
• Implement district reforestation program to effectively establish and manage conifer plantations
• Help develop and implement strategic fuel breaks and their maintenance
• Prepare and administer contracts for reforestation activities including tree planting, vegetation management, site preparation, and thinning
• Inspect and monitor reforestation projects to evaluate field performance and recommend appropriate corrective actions as necessary
• Maintain documentation, and district database, of reforestation activities
• Assist with on-site forestry work which can include strenuous physical activity
• BS in Forestry, Natural Resources, or Agriculture, or a related field preferred
• California Pest Control Advisors (PCA) license with weed and vertebrate pest categories, or the ability to pass the PCA exam within one year is preferred
• Knowledge of reforestation activities and Sierra Nevada forest types is preferred
• Knowledge of California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) laws related to the use of herbicides is preferred
• Ability to navigate in mountainous areas using map and compass or GPS
• Skilled in the use of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based programs
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member
• Current valid California driver’s license and ability to operate a four wheel drive vehicle and negotiate steep mountain roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and resume by
June 1st, 2020 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
P.O. Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit www.spi-ind.com.