Dudek is a leading California-based environmental firm.
About the Job
We are seeking an urban forester/arborist with 3+years of experience in the urban forestry/ arboriculture field to join our urban forestry group. The position will be primarily based out of Orange County, CA and will entail frequent trips to San Diego and Los Angeles County. The position may require long days in the field and the ability to carry heavy equipment (up to 25 pounds). The position is primarily field based, but will routinely include the preparation of monitoring reports, memos, and arborist reports. The position will provide room for career growth to motivated individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tree Inventories
- Tree Risk Assessment and Reporting
- Tree health and structural assessments
- Construction monitoring
- Assistance with various aspects of larger urban forestry projects
- Prepare letters, reports, and other documents in support of project submittals.
- Work within a team toward project and group goals.
- Communicate with team members, clients, agencies and other, as needed, to fulfill contract obligations.
- BS in forestry or closely related field or formal training in arboriculture or urban tree management.
- ISA Certified Arborist Credential or ability to obtain within 6- months
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification or ability to obtain within 6- months
- Pest Control Advisor Credential or ability to obtain given adequate time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong tree identification and diagnostic skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work loads
- Other skills including technical writing, verbal and written communication, demonstrated leadership, organization, and problem solving will be helpful in this role.
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit dudek.com.