Website Southern California Edison
Become an Assistant Forester at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll help oversee timber and vegetation management operations within Southern California Edison’s (SCE’s) Shaver Lake lands. This person will be based out of the Camp Edison and Forestry Office in Shaver Lake, California. As an Assistant Forester, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Administration of SCE’s Forestry department GIS database, map creation and data organization.
- Administration of the department’s annual timber inventory data collection and analysis.
- Provide functional direction to seasonal Forestry Technicians.
- Perform contract administration of pre commercial treatments and wildfire hazard reduction projects.
- Timber marking, log yarding layout, fireline construction, and resource protection flagging.
- Assist Senior Forester with silvicultural prescriptions, harvest plan creation, timber sale administration, agency correspondence and State Forest Practice compliance.
- Assist team members with prescribed burning, reforestation, wildlife management, fire prevention and recreation management.
For complete description of needed and desired qualifications and how to apply, go to https://www.edisoncareers.com/ShowJob/Id/1308933/Assistant%20Forester%20%e2%80%93%20Shaver%20Lake%20%5BON%20SITE%5D