Campbell Global, LLC
At Campbell Global, we believe wholeheartedly in providing equal opportunity in employment, without regard to any individual’s ethnicity, race, religion or creed, gender, or any other point of personal status or identity. We are committed to providing an environment of respect, and we prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment. We value diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our company shared values include quality, service, integrity, growth and fun. If those values resonate with you, you may be just the person to join our team! In addition to the qualifications listed in the job description for this position, and most importantly, we are looking for a team member who:
- Values people and prioritizes developing strong working relationships
- Has a personal commitment to respect everyone, regardless of differences in appearance, background, preferences, opinions and beliefs
- Understands the value of others’ differences in appearance, background, preferences, opinions and beliefs
- Practices personal accountability
- Is willing to fully engage in their job, the organization, working relationships and company culture
- Goes out of their way to include others in work, information sharing, activities and socializing
If this describes you, and if you have a combination of skills, attributes and education that enable you to perform the job, please apply! We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.campbellglobal.com/about/careers.
|POSITION TITLE:||Seasonal Forestry Technician (2 positions available)|
May 11, 2020 – September 11, 2020 (Negotiable with school summer break)
|IMMEDIATE SUPERVISORS:||McCloud Staff|
BY THIS POSITION:
KEY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Provide assistance to Foresters in the implementation of timber harvest plan layout, timber marking, inventory cruising, data collection, and silviculture activities.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance to Forester(s)
- Assist harvest unit layout.
- Assist with contract compliance for multiple operations.
- Assist with watercourse layout and watercourse auditing.
- Provide assistance to Inventory/GIS Forester
- Collect GPS data for various projects.
- Conduct timber cruising and audit cruising.
- Conduct timber marking and audit marking.
- Ensure that environmental or financial risk management reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to the Area Manager and, if appropriate, local Safety Coordinator.
- Respond to internal and external information requests in conjunction with management and team members.
- Actively participate within the organization to ensure all timberland management investment services meet or exceed client commitments.
- Represent Campbell Global at all levels, maintaining positive public relations.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Completed or currently working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, an Associate’s degree in Forestry, or related degree with a concentration in Forestry at an accredited University.
- Must have personal transportation to/from McCloud, California office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work in steep, brushy terrain for long periods of time.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Basic knowledge of forestry, forest silviculture, forest inventory and harvesting techniques.
- General knowledge of GPS.
- Previous forestry experience desired but not required.
- Completion of Forest Measurements or equivalent class desired.
- Good skills with Word and Excel.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work to be performed; they do not constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
|Campbell Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer|
To apply for this job please visit www.campbellglobal.com.