Website Mason, Bruce & Girard
General position summary:
The Forester will apply a wide variety of forest management techniques while managing multiple projects.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Complete planning, layout, and operational supervision of forest restoration and timber harvesting projects on private and public lands.
- Complete project mapping using office and field GIS applications.
- Complete project specific reports to support CEQA and NEPA compliance.
- Assist in utility vegetation management projects
- May supervise daily activities of forest operations and associated sub-contractors.
- Contacts are within the company, business contacts and with our clients.
- Work is performed both within the field and in our offices.
- Field work to be performed in all weather conditions, steep, rough terrain, and a variety of settings including open fields and forested areas.
- Computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods of time, may lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Four wheel drive personal vehicle suitable for use in forest environment required.
- Periodic work away from the home Auburn office is expected.
- Working knowledge of forest management and related timber harvesting operations.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office and Excel, ArcGIS a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Forestry, natural resources or related field.
- Preference given to candidates with prior field experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must currently hold a California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license.
Mason, Bruce and Girard, Inc. is one of the oldest Natural Resources Consulting firms in the country. We consistently uphold values of technical expertise, professionalism, and quality in every aspect of our business. MB&G has experienced significant growth over the past few years while maintaining a worldwide reputation for excellence.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click here http://www.masonbruce.com/careers/join-our-team/ or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.masonbruce.com.