Website Bluesource, LLC
About the Organization
Founded in 2001, Bluesource is the leader in North American carbon markets, finance, and project development. Bluesource has established the largest portfolio of carbon credits in North America, with over a dozen project types located in nearly every U.S. state and Canadian province, and over 60 million credits sold to compliance and voluntary market buyers. Bluesource is headquartered in Salt Lake City, with offices in San Francisco, Calgary, and Toronto.
About the Position
Bluesource seeks a Manager of Forest Carbon Modeling to play a role in the Bluesource forestry team’s carbon modeling efforts and support project implementation efforts in the forest carbon space. The successful candidate will have a unique mix of technical and practical skills, be a fast learner, and is passionate about the forest carbon space. Day-to-day responsibilities will cover a broad spectrum of activities ranging from optimizing project baselines, to participating in field verifications, to articulating project quantification methods to regulators. The ideal candidate will be at home in the office and the woods. This is an excellent opportunity for a technically skilled, professional seeking a dynamic position in the center of the forest carbon market.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support forest carbon modeling efforts for both voluntary and compliance offset projects
- Modify and improve upon carbon modeling tools using R
- Develop project and baseline harvest prescriptions while optimizing credit generation
- Perform statistical analyses and database management of forest inventories
- Draft carbon project documentation
- Respond to verifier, registry, and CA ARB findings/questions
- Compare financial returns of various forest management strategies
- Maintain project timelines and meet strict deadlines
- Travel when necessary to project sites and/or conferences
The successful candidate will have a combination of the following qualifications:
- 2 or more years of professional experience in forest carbon-related field
- Master’s degree or PhD in forestry or another applicable scientific discipline
- Experience with forest modeling using FVS and/or other growth and yield programs
- Proficiency in coding using R
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and ArcGIS
- Experience in the application of remote sensing programs
- Experience in linear programming and optimization, in the context of harvest scheduling
- Experience in programming macros/visual basic applications (VBA) for Excel, and SQL
- Experience in forest biometrics and statistical analysis
- Experience in forest inventory, management plan, and harvest plan design
- Professional Forester credentials a plus
- Experience working in a variety of North American forest types a plus
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in project management and demonstrated ability to coordinate among various stakeholders
- Knowledge of forest carbon policy, carbon protocols, and carbon accounting standards
- Strong interest in climate change and environmental issues
Compensation and Benefits
Bluesource offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The position will ideally be located in San Francisco, CA.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesource.com.