Website Campbell Global
- Conduct all aspects of field office management of the local GIS and Inventory Programs in a manner consistent with Campbell Global guidelines.
- Collaborate with staff in Portland in the management of local GIS and Inventory databases.
- Participate in harvesting, silvicultural and land use activities.
- Participate as a valuable team player in meeting and exceeding the goals of the area office while complying with all corporate policies and procedures associated with forestry operations.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- GIS Functions:
- Complete GIS analysis tasks as requested by staff (digitizing and database management, map production and management of incoming information).
- Ensure that company GIS data standards and consistency are achieved or exceeded.
- Direct staff regarding collection of operations data and input into databases.
- Conduct spatial data editing using ESRI ArcGIS editing tools.
- Inventory Functions – Plan and manage all inventory activities on assigned properties including:
- Advertise, award/negotiate, and supervise contracts.
- Verification projects including cut-out reports.
- Inventory reporting.
- Assist with updating inventory manuals and design.
- Ensure that corporate data standards and data consistency are achieved or exceeded.
- Drone Program Functions – Serve as lead in area office drone program including:
- Pursue and obtain commercial drone license.
- Maintain proficiency with operation of drones, following all appropriate regulations.
- Integrate drone information into GIS and Inventory needs.
- Closely monitor expenditures and operation levels for responsible programs in order to comply with budget limitations.
- Provide IT support services to resident work site.
- Perform administrative functions including assisting in bid analysis; prospectus preparation; negotiations with prospective contractors; contract revisions and additions; and determination of appropriate fees for land use agreements and road use, etc.
- Ensure full and appropriate compliance with Forest Practice laws.
- Stay abreast of industry technology, trends, new regulations and laws; attend meetings as necessary.
- Assist staff foresters in timber sale layout, administration, inspections and surveys of various silviculture activities (i.e. planting, quality, seed survival, chemical applications, and mechanical operations).
- Support and participate fully in local SFI program.
- Ensure that environmental or financial risk management reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to Area Manager and, if appropriate, local Safety Coordinator.
- Actively participate within the organization to ensure all timberland management investment services meet or exceed client commitments.
- Represent Campbell Global at all levels, maintaining positive public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is considered exempt based on job function.
Campbell Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect, and we prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment. We value diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
- B.S. Degree in Forestry, or other related Natural Resources program.
- Must hold or obtain California Registered Professional Forester license in a timely fashion.
Experience and knowledge required/preferred:
- Demonstrated proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Experience using Cengea stand management software.
- Experience with planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Requires strong word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly Desirable:
- Demonstrated knowledge of forestry and forest inventory.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Work experience using industrial GIS and forest inventory systems.
- FAA drone certification.
To apply for this job please visit careercenter.eforester.org.