Website U.S. Department of Agriculture
The primary purpose of this position is to perform technical duties in timber stand improvement, reforestation, and tree improvement on a Forest Service unit.
• Conduct reforestation and stocking surveys of recently planted tracts using standard methods and techniques
• Traverse project areas to determine acreage and draft maps of traverse areas in preparation for timber stand improvement and reforestation activities.
• Conduct on-site observation of contractor or agency crews engaged in timber stand improvement or reforestation efforts.
• Make recommendations for areas requiring remedial action based on results of reforestation and stocking surveys.
• Plan inspections of silvicultural work such as genetic tree improvement, planting, thinning, seeding, and site preparation.
• Determine the survival rate of seedlings by collecting data using established procedures and precedents.
• Perform surveys to determine stand conditions and the need for precommercial thinning or other treatment.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position for meetings, trainings, and/or site visits
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.