Website Gualala Redwood Timber
Gualala Redwood Timber is hiring a Registered Professional Forester or experienced Forester that is within one year of taking the RPF exam to work in Gualala, California. We are looking for a well-rounded team player that can work independently. This Forester will prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP) including all aspects of field work, oversee consultants preparing THPs on company lands, and ensure quality control and contract compliance of work done by contractors hired for road construction, logging, inventory and reforestation services.
- THP layout including determining silviculture systems, identifying and flagging watercourse zones, special treatment zones and unit boundaries, timber marking, assessing and documenting road conditions, assess wildlife and fisheries habitat, and other THP field related tasks.
- Write and submit THPs, CDFW 1600 Agreements and Waste Discharge Requirements.
- Conduct contract compliance and quality control of work done by logging and road building.
- Conduct archaeological, biological, and botanical surveys. Specific to northern spotted owl surveys, work flexible hours into evening and/or earlier morning hours.
- Reforestation planning, unit flagging, and contract administration of tree planting and herbicide applicator contractors.
- Cruise timber and prepare cruise reports.
- ArcGIS mapping and analysis.
- Property management tasks including road patrols and maintenance, vegetation control, stream restoration projects, dam monitoring, fuel breaks, property security, and fire protection.
- Record keeping and tracking of production, quality control, and costs. Prepare budgets and cost estimates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Competitive pay based on education and experience with annual reviews.
Benefits: Company vehicle. Cell phone plan. Health/dental/vision/life insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, and 401K plan with company match. Gualala Redwood Timber is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity.
Education and Experience: Completion of a four-year forestry degree or closely equivalent BS or master’s degree. Possession of a valid California RPF license or with the requisite experience and a goal of taking the RPF exam within a year. Proficient in the use of ArcGIS.
Working knowledge or willingness to learn to use database computer programs. Proficient in using Excel and Word. Experienced in writing technical documents and presenting results concisely in writing and orally to management, reviewing agencies, and stakeholders.
This position requires someone who is efficient with their time, has a strong analytical skill set, has excellent interpersonal communication abilities, and who can produce accurate, and concise high-quality work products. We are looking for someone who likes to work hard with a positive attitude, and has a creative approach to problem solving, is a good communicator, and who can constantly grow and adapt professionally using the latest science and technology.
The position requires significant field work which means hiking cross country on steep, rugged, and brushy terrain often in inclement weather. Must be able to safely operate an ATV. A valid driver’s license is required. This position reports to the Forest Manager and works out of our office located in Gualala, California.
To apply for this job please visit careercenter.eforester.org.