- This event has passed.
Prescribed Fire on Private Lands
May 17 @ 8:00 am - May 18 @ 5:00 pm
A two-day workshop designed for land managers seeking to gain skills in prescribed fire planning and implementation:
Day One (classroom):
- Prescribed fire history and current fire research
- Prescribed fire permitting and legal considerations
- Fire weather forecasting and online tools
- Air quality and smoke management
- Options for burning on private lands, prescribed burn associations
- Fire terms and fire behavior
- Burn plan development, burn unit preparation
- Tools and equipment
Day Two (in the field):
Day two will consist of morning training followed by on-the-ground prescribed fire application (pending weather/permitting).
Check this page for registration information – http://ucanr.edu/2019rxworkshops/