- This event has passed.
Forest Vegetation Management Conference
January 14 @ 8:00 am - January 16 @ 5:00 pm
In 1979, a small group of people concerned about the future of forest vegetation management in California organized the first Forest Vegetation Management Conference (FVMC) in Redding, California.
The conference has evolved into one of the premier conferences to attend if you manage forest vegetation on the west coast. The conference is held every January and is accredited for continuing education hours for vegetation mangers from California, Oregon, and Idaho, and for Certified Forester hours through the Society of American Foresters.
Mission Statement: The Forest Vegetation Management Conference will:
- Establish a forum for the exchange of information on forest vegetation management techniques, methodology, and research through periodic meetings and other appropriate means.
- Cooperate with local, state, regional, and national agencies, both public and private, in the identification and solution of forest vegetation management needs.
- Promote awareness by the public and concerned agencies on the need for Forest Vegetation Management.
- Encourage research on forest vegetation management methods by both government and private agencies.
- Promote uniformity and coordination of activities among agencies concerned with the regulatory aspects of forest vegetation management.
For more info please visit: http://www.fvmc.org/