- This event has passed.
Cross-Boundary Landscape Restoration Workshop: Advancing all-lands forestry in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and surrounding states
March 2 @ 8:00 am - March 4 @ 5:00 pm
Convened by the Southwest Ecological Restoration Institutes (SWERI), we invite partners to share lessons learned from experience engaging in local, regional, and national collaborative forest restoration processes on federal and non-federal forest landscapes. The workshop will bring together land managers, researchers, and their stakeholders to develop strategies that facilitate the application of evidence based collaborative forest landscape management in the Intermountain West.
Workshop topics and themes:
- Strategies for managing large fire adapted landscapes
- Planning and Implementation
- Biomass Utilization
- Social and Economic Outcomes
- Monitoring and Adaptive Management
- Forest Science
Our workshop goal is that participants learn techniques for applying relevant strategies, science, and tools to implement evidence based landscape scale management across the Intermountain West. Cross-project coordination betweSouthen the USDA Forest Service Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program (CFLRP) and forestry collaborative groups working in non-CFLRP landscapes will serve as a guiding foundation for workshop learning. The agenda will focus on assessing challenges and progress made in the ten years since the CFLR program began to advance the next ten years of all-lands collaborative forest landscape restoration.
- Lessons learned shared by diverse stakeholders
- Applying science tools to inform forest management
- Poster session, networking and fun!
- Keynote speakers: Vicki Christiansen (Chief USDA Forest Service), Courtney Schultz (Colorado State University), Laura McCarthy (New Mexico State Forester)